Every Student Connected Every Day!
The Stanberry R-II School District is excited to be going 1:1 this 2016-17 school year with technology. What does that mean? It means there will be tablet devices available for all PreK-2 students to use in their classrooms during the day and a Chromebook for every student grades 3-12! What an advantage our students and teachers will have with this technology! Grades 3-6 will keep these in the classroom while grades 7-12 will be allowed to take them home everyday.
Benefits of 1:1 include:
- Student Collaboration in Real Time
- Students have Access to Information that is Updated as it Occurs
- All Standardized Testing is now Computer Based
- Increased Student Engagement
- Stimulates Creativity and Motivation
- Allows for Differentiated Instruction
|Chromebook Policy Handbook||Acceptable Use Policy||1:1 Technology Initiative Borchure|
Grades 7-12 will receive information regarding this in their registration packets. A copy of the Chromebook Handbook Policy as well as a copy of the Acceptable Use Policy is linked for your viewing. You and your student(s) need to read all information enclosed and sign and return the following documents along with $20 technology fee per student.
Sign and Return:
- Policy Handbook and Student Pledge Agreement on page 13
- Chromebook Technology Agreement on page 14
- $20 technology fee (must also be paid before the Chromebook will be given to your student) - only for grades 7-12
- Stanberry R-II Acceptable Use Policy
Your student may opt out of this opportunity of using a Stanberry R-II Chromebook and bring his/her own device however each will still be required to abide by all rules and guidelines for electronic use as set by the district. If your child opts to do this, then only the Stanberry R-II Acceptable Use Policy form needs to be returned.
We are thrilled to provide this opportunity to our students! Please don’t hesitate to call if you have questions!
Lisa Craig, Technology Coordinator